Ashwinie Kumar Bansal
|Address||187 Advocates Enclave, Sector 49-A, Chandigarh 160047, India|
|Phone||(+91) 172 267 45 00|
|Education||– ED: B. Com., Punjab University, Chandigarh, 1983|
– LL.B., University of Rajasthan, Jaipur 1987
– A.C.S., Institute of Company Secretaries of India, New Delhi, 1988
|Work Experience||He is one of the architects of the India Arbitration and Conciliation Act of 1996 as he had participated and made significant contribution in its drafting. Earlier, he had submitted a research paper on defects of the Arbitration Act 1940 along with the draft of an Arbitration Bill to the Government of India for its consideration in 1994 which became the working paper of the committee for drafting the new law. Subsequently, the Japanese Special Law Committee formed by Government of Japan consulted him to seek suggestions on improvement of Japanese Arbitration Law in 1996. Mr BANSAL in on the panel of arbitrators of the following institutions: (1) American Forum of Arbitrators since 2000; (2) Regional Center for Arbitration Kuala Lumpur (RCAKL) since 2003; and (3) WIPO list of Arbitrators and Mediators, since 1997; He had interacted with eminent jurists in India and abroad as an arbitration expert and Secretary-General of Indian Society of Arbitrators during 1994-97; During last seven years he has been appointed seven times by international bodies to decide International Intellectual Property disputes; He had represented the Ministry of Defence, Government of India, a its Counsel in defence arbitration matter at London. He conducted an international commercial arbitration administered by ICC Paris between an Indian company and Chinese company with venue t Singapore; Appointed many times as Domain Name Panelist by WIPO and other organizations; He has represented clients as counsel in many domain name disputes.|
|Present Position||Advocate of Supreme Court of India and Punjab & Haryana High Court; Arbitration Expert and Consultant.|
|Publications||He has authored books on arbitration and procedure:|
– Arbitration Agreements and Awards – Law of International and Domestic Arbitration, Universal Law Publishing Pvt. Ltd., 2005
– Commentary on Arbitration and Conciliation Act of 1996, Bharat Law House New Delhi
– Law of International Commercial Arbitration, Universal Law Publishing Pvt.Ltd.
– High Court Practice and Procedure, Indian Arbitration Society; – Lawyer’s Guide, Indian Arbitration Society; 8. Arbitration: Procedure and Practice, LexisNexis Butterworth & Wadhwa
– Material and Case Law under the New Arbitration Act, Arbitration Law Reporter, 1999.
Articles in Foreign Journals:
– The American Review of International Arbitration, 1995/vol.6 no.2- Columbia University
– The Journal of International Arbitration – September 1995/vol. 12 no 3.
Other Works: Revision of the book, ‘Government Contracts in India by A.S. Chaudhary and also a complete chapter on Fast-track Arbitration in the book titled’ “Alternative Dispute Resolution”. Writing a complete chapter of many articles of many articles for magazine of Institute of company Secretaries of India namely- Chartered Secretary.
|Languages||Hindi, English, Punjabi|